Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just in case you were wondering...

Yes, I'm still pregnant.  I am currently 41 weeks 4 days - 11 days past my "due date."  I never expected to be pregnant this long, but I guess this little one just needs to bake a little longer.  I had an appointment today - blood pressure was great (135/77) and baby sounds good.  We talked about how things would go on Sunday if I didn't deliver by then.  Jessica (who is on call on Sunday), is very pro non-intervention and she hates using Pitocin if she can avoid it.  She said that she thinks I'm a good candidate to break my water and see if that starts labor (which she thinks it would), instead of jumping straight to Pitocin.  And then, if we need to use Pitocin, we can do a low-dose and then gradually turn it down and off once my body kicks in.  I can also refuse induction and go into labor on my own after that.  I know, that presents other risks...but so does induction.  I'm just hoping I don't have to make that decision.

She stripped my membranes today (which didn't hurt one bit, by the way - and she looked like she was being extremely rough).  Hopefully that will kick start something later today or tomorrow!  Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Chad and I were wondering if you had had her yet...good luck! Hope everything goes well for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO all the old wives tales to get the baby out. One of them definitely worked for me! You just have to be in the birth zone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new baby Lorna, Jonny, Lily, and Hannah! Next time, you should just tell people your due date is 2 weeks after whatever your doctor's tell you, then people won't bug you. Hehe

    ReplyDelete