Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this baby turned out to be a boy.  Seriously.  This pregnancy has been so incredibly different than with Lily and Hannah, that I was expecting them to tell us at the ultrasound that it was a boy.  I even told Jonny that I would be shocked if it was a girl.

Things that are different:
  • I was WAY more sick at the beginning this time.  Normally I'm just a little nauseous and throw up once (I know, I have it pretty easy), and it goes away by 12 weeks.  This time, it seemed like every single day I felt like throwing up, and usually ended up doing just that a little bit.  That lasted until about 15 weeks.
  • I noticed last week that my leg hair hasn't been growing very quickly.  I know, it's an old wives' tale that leg hair growth changes (actually the myth is that it speeds up if you're having a boy), but in any case, it's different.
  • Usually my allergies slow down or stop altogether, and this time they're out of control.  I've also gotten two sinus infections in the past 2 or 3 months (I'm getting over one right now and I can't remember exactly when the last one was).  I have never got a sinus infection EVER in my life!
  • My migraines stopped completely when I was pregnant with Lily, and I had one with Hannah a little less than a month before she was born.  I have had more migraines this pregnancy than I've had in the past 5 years!

So a lot of these are usually attributed to increased hormones, so it would be logical to say that I'm having a girl.  But the fact is, is that they're different symptoms...and honestly, it kinda freaks me out a little.  I would seriously go get another ultrasound if I could afford it!  Our ultrasound tech was pretty positive it was a girl.  I still need to upload those pictures.....

No comments:

Post a Comment