Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Four Weddings and a Funeral...minus the four weddings

We took a trip to Burley, Idaho a couple weekends ago for Jonny's grandma's funeral. While it was sad to see her go, it was definitely nice to know that she won't be suffering anymore. She was 88 and had a pretty serious case of Alzheimer's. It was also really great to spend some time with Jonny's extended family. We played games and hung out talking. We also got to meet Jonny's cousin's fiancee. Emily, his cousin, is pretty awesome, so we were a little hesitant about this Bobby kid, but he proved his "worthiness" to join the family right away. I'm sure he was pretty intimidated by meeting the family all at once, but he did well. He will forever be known as the arm wrestling champion of the family. :) Oh, how I wish I had a picture of that!

Anyway, the funeral itself was ok...a little too long, in my opinion. After the service, we drove about 30 minutes to Oakley, ID where Grandma Paloma was to be buried. It was very cold and very windy, so I wasn't able to get as many pictures there as I would've liked.

Grandma Paloma's casket with Grandpa Bill in the background. I couldn't imagine being without my spouse...
Idaho 03-09_32

Andrew, Michael, Jonny and Christian at their brother, Dan's, grave. He was stillborn in 1975.
Idaho 03-09_39

Lily fell asleep on the way to the cemetery...
Idaho 03-09_46

Everyone in this picture is a descendant or spouse of a descendant of Bill and Paloma. Wow. That's a lot of people!
Idaho 03-09_54

Good ole Eric. He's a funny guy.
Idaho 03-09_62

Emily and me after a loooong night of fun and games.
Idaho 03-09_73

And that pretty much sums it up! What a fun family!

No comments:

Post a Comment